DC Minyan Membership
2016-2017 DC MINYAN MEMBERSHIP
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of DC Minyan.
We invite you to sign up for membership at any time during the year. Becoming a member of DC Minyan comes with many tangible benefits, including community meals, discounts for events, family programming, and early access to programs throughout the year, as well as intangible benefits such as community support during life cycle events and the satisfaction of joining a vibrant Jewish community. We are so happy that you are part of the DC Minyan community and we hope you will sign up for membership and help DC Minyan continue to thrive! If you have any questions, please email Alana Chill at email@example.com.
If you would like to become a member of DC Minyan, you can start the registration process by filling out this form, or by selecting "Become A Member" under the "Get Involved" tab above.
A volunteer administrator will then activate your account and send you instructions for completing your member profile within the next 1-2 days. At that time you will also be able to register for High Holiday tickets, which are included in the price of membership.
DC Minyan relies on its members in order to provide the services, events, and learning programs that sustain our strong and vibrant community. Because DC Minyan employs no professional staff, the membership funds we raise go directly toward DC Minyan’s significant ongoing expenses.
The dues listed below are anchor points for each category of membership. We welcome greater contributions from those who are able to help support DC Minyan. Additionally, we are an inclusive community and no one will be turned away because of difficulty in paying. If you are unable to pay the listed membership dues, we ask you to contribute whatever monetary amount you can. The Steering Committee maintains strict confidentiality regarding discounted membership fees, so please know that we respect your privacy and hope you will sign up for membership. Do not hesitate to contact the Steering Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss paying in installments, reduced fees, or additional concerns. Our dues year begins on September 1. We ask that dues payments are made by then. If you are joining partway through the year, your dues will be pro rated based on the quarter in which you join.To be eligible for member pricing and priority member registration for our annual Shavuot retreat, you must have joined DC Minyan prior to the opening of member registration for the retreat
Annual membership dues to DC Minyan are as follows:
- $180 per adult if individual earns less than $35,000 per year ($360 per couple if couple earns less than $70,000 per year)
- $270 per adult if individual earns more than $35,000 per year ($540 per couple if couple earns more than $70,000 per year)
- $90 per adult for associate membership. Associate membership is available for those who primarily belong to another religious community (e.g., out-of-town family and friends of DC Minyan members). Associate membership does not include high holiday tickets or priority registration and member pricing for the Shavuot retreat, or other privileges, such as eligibility for various leadership roles or nominating privileges to the Steering Committee. Associate members are eligible for member pricing for other DC Minyan programs and meals, unless otherwise determined by the Steering Committee or Leadership Council.
- All DC Minyan dues are tax deductible.
ADDITIONAL DUES FOR THOSE WITH CHILDREN
- $100 for an individual or couple with one or more children – does not apply to Associate membership; waived if paying reduced dues; applies regardless of age of child.
We thank you for your ongoing generosity. Your support helps to ensure that DC Minyan remains a strong community today, and will continue to grow well into the future.