LEND A HAND!
In addition to ongoing volunteer positions, we're always looking for people to lend a hand in smaller ways. Here are a few ways you can help. You can volunteer every week, every so often, or on a single Shabbat. This is a great way for people interested in short term DC Minyan volunteer opportunities to get involved. Please sign up using the form below.
- Help with Kiddush: Sign up to help with Kiddush set-up and clean-up.
- Come on-time: Sign up to come on-time at 9:15 a.m. to help make a minyan.
- Be a greeter: Serving as a greeter is a great and easy opportunity to help with DC Minyan hospitality and welcome people to our community. Greeters will be present during and after Shabbat services and other events to meet new people and introduce them to DC Minyan.
- Host a guest at your meal: This lets the hospitality team know to reach out to you when looking to place a guest at shabbat or chag meal.
- Lead services or chant Torah or Haftorah. One of our gabbais will be in touch with you to review the service.
Please sign up here (you must be logged in to view the form)
Form not available
HELP LEAD TOT SHABBAT FOR KIDS 3 AND UNDER
The Parents & Kids Committee is looking to expand the pool of teachers for Tot Shabbat for our youngest members (3 and under), which takes place on Shabbat mornings at 10:15 am for 30-45 minutes. There is already a curriculum and a catalog of songs that can be used as a foundation for the class. Please contact email@example.com if you're interested.
Invite someone new to lunch or dinner. Do that on the spot one day at services or by coordinating through our Hospitality committee, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you would like to be matched up for a meal, email email@example.com.
Submit an item for our weekly bulletin by emailing a brief paragraph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH THE SERVICE
The structure and choreography of services can seem daunting but truly need not be. If you are looking for an explanation of what goes on during services and why, please email the Gabbai Commitee at email@example.com.
PARENTS & KIDS
We are lucky to have such a thriving community of young families and we aspire to meet kids’ and parents’ needs with a support network and with programming like Tot Shabbat, holiday celebrations, and more. If you are interested in helping with family programming, or being part of a Parents Committee,or in finding out more about kids and parents programming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARTICIPATE IN ONE OF OUR PROGRAMS
If you’d like to volunteer to participate in any of our ongoing programs, please email the contact person at the address provided on our Programs page.
Get involved with the broader DC community with DC Minyan-organized social action projects. To learn more or to participate in upcoming programs, see the description of our Social Action program on the Programs page or e-mail email@example.com.
Want to get involved another way? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.