Parents and Kids
PARENTS AND KIDS
DC Minyan is a thriving Jewish community in the heart of Washington, DC. Membership grows lots of ways, including the addition of children! Here are some resources that you may find useful as you navigate urban Jewish life with children.
- Parents Listserv: The Parents Listerv is a way for the Parents Liaison and others to communicate special activities, events, and issues that are relevant to DCM parents. We do our best to add the parents we know about and new parents. However, if you aren’t already signed up for the listserv, email email@example.com to be added.
- Tot Shabbat: Come join us every Shabbat morning DCM meets for Tot Shabbat! Our fabulous leaders are DCM members and kids love it (so do parents). Tot Shabbat starts at 10:15 in the preschool lobby on the 2nd floor of the JCC. A special Kids’ Kiddush follows Tot Shabbat.
- Lifecycle Resources: DCM has a number of lifecycle resources on the website, such as information about planning a bris or simchat bat.
- DCM Babysitting Co-op: The co-op is intended to provide easy, no-cost access to babysitters you know and trust – other DCM parents. It also provides a great opportunity for new friendships. Co-op members can babysit other DCM children and earn credits for when they need a babysitter. The co-op is a service offered only to DCM members. If you’re interested in joining, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Babysitter List: DCM maintains a list of babysitters in the area for your reference. Contact email@example.com for a copy.
- Parent Committee: The Parent Committee meets as needed to discuss issues that are important to parents, to plan for events, and to strengthen kids’ programming as the youngest members of our community grow older.
- Babysitting at DCM Events: We offer babysitting during major DCM events such as Lunch and Learns and high holidays.
- Activities: DCM is developing social action projects that are family friendly and events that are relevant to families (e.g., CPR training). We also participate in the JCC’s Purim and Channukah parties as well as other events. Your ideas are welcome!
To learn more, to get involved, or if you have any questions/suggestions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.